Aime L. Adams is one of CHI’s licensed acupuncturists and she is passionate about treating patients with both acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine. She utilizes Five Element, Channel Theory and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), and enjoys working with patients in both the one-on-one and group setting.
Ms. Adams is a Chinese Medicine generalist and has experience successfully treating patients for physical and psycho-emotional pain, addictions, gynecology, fertility, pregnancy, prenatal and postpartum care, digestive issues, neurology, and dermatology among other conditions. She adheres to the old Chinese saying of “One disease, many treatments, many diseases, one treatment.” She aims to understand the uniqueness of each patient’s experiences to provide truly individualized care.
Prior to joining CHI, Ms. Adams provided Chinese Medicine sessions and educational seminars on a cruise ship that traveled through the Panama Canal, Latin America, the Western coast of the United States, Canada, and Alaska. She also worked as an intern in the offices of two of her Chinese medicine master instructors in the Washington DC area.
Additionally, Ms. Adams past includes maintaining two simultaneous careers for about 7 years. One as a Health Practitioner, and the other in an International Relations position with the USG which allowed her to live and work in Latin America.
Ms. Adams values peaceful moments in nature, self-care, and all forms of kindness. Out of all her accomplishments, Ms. Adams is most proud of her cultivation of personal awareness and happiness.
- Master of Oriental Medicine, Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, Spanish minor, California State University Sacramento
- Licensed Acupuncturist, State of Maryland
- Yoga Nidra Level I Instructor Training, Sivananda Yoga Ashram, Bahamas
- Blooma Prenatal Yoga Training, Minneapolis, MN
- Barkan Method Hot Yoga Level 2/3 training Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Health Coach Certification, Institute for Integrative Nutrition, New York, NY
- Yoga Teacher Certification (200RYT), Sivananda Ashram, Bahamas
- Therapeutic Massage Certification, Bryan College, Sacramento, CA
Read more about acupuncture care.