At CHI Health Care, we practice integrative care. What does that mean for you?
- Patients are at the very center of personalized care, with a collaborative team of providers surrounding them and working together on their behalf
- Patients and providers are considered partners in the healing journey
- Our integrative care goes beyond the treatment of symptoms to address the causes of an illness
- In creating care plans, all factors that influence a patient’s health and well-being are taken into account including body, mind, spirit, environment, and connection to community
- Providers use evidenced informed healing approaches to facilitate the body’s innate healing response
- Effective interventions that are natural and less invasive are used whenever possible and may include integrative and lifestyle approaches
- In addition to the concept of treatment, the broader concepts of health and wellness education, health promotion, and prevention are critical components of care
How Does Integrative Care Differ From Complementary and Alternative Medicine?
Complementary medicine refers to using therapies like acupuncture or nutrition to complement allopathic medicine. Alternative medicine refers to an approach to healing that is used to replace allopathic medicine.
Integrative care, at CHI, is personalized for each patient. Depending on the patient, their preferences, and their condition, this care may combine exemplary primary care from medical doctors, health education and self-care, and/or natural healing disciplines. We believe that by integrating care, we are able to draw on the power of many disciplines and serve the patient in a way that makes them most comfortable.
One of the most unique features about the way we practice is that providers are required to participate in several hours of “collaboration” time each week. This enables them to become well versed in each other’s healing disciplines and gives them time specifically to create the most effective care plan for every patient.
Read more about all of our healing therapies, please return to the drop down menu at the top of this page and click on a discipline.